Intellectual Property Consultation, Legal40
When you click the link leading to Daitin & Associates’ homepage, there is little doubt about your awareness of the importance of intellectual properties and legal support to your companies. Congratulation! You are at the right place. Daitin & Associates is uniquely known for our high quality consultation services and legal aids in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia and Myanmar, all provided in a proactive manner, aiming at maximized support and protection to enterprises.
Daitin & Associates commits to work according to:
- Trustable services, which could tell the winner from the losers in legal business, is the core value driving Daitin & Associates’ entrepreneurship. Our helpdesk is empowered with not only legal experts but also knowledgeable scholars in various scientific and technical fields, ranging from mathematics, physics, information technology, to life and medical sciences. We build our competence by applying strictest recruitment criteria and we commit to spend increasingly higher effort in human resource development.
- Effective, energetic support to clients is, consistently, our unique selling point. In our code of conducts, managing a contract means to maintain partnerships and maximize shared interests. When Daitin & Associates assigns a task manager to a client’s case, he is asked to put themselves on the client’ shoes, investigate all possibilities of importance to the case, and proactively communicate to clients instead of waiting for request letters.
- Prolonged wealth comes from enhanced sustainability. That is not merely a slogan, but why and how all of us do business. Social responsibility becomes an exponentially more delicate issue when a company advances to higher levels; and the world is setting higher and higher ethical and technical criteria to goods and services. It is therefore crucial to find a partner who not only have expertise in sustainable development but also engages himself in those values. Daitin & Associates affirm that we always act in accordance with green, sustainable and ethical principles.
Daitin & Associates entrepreneurship
- Work with local legal systems, act with global standard system. While Daitin & Associates masters the IP regulatory frameworks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia and Myanmar; we acknowledge that successful enterprises speak an unique language: the language of professional services and world-class human resources.
- The High Achiever target. Daitin & Associates strives in full measures to achieve a firm top ten position in the IP community in Vietnam. We commit to do whatever it requires, we optimize our management, and we are proud of our effort so far to get to the desired target.
We link intellectual properties to a future of prosperity to people, enterprises and nations. We create effective synergy between Daitin & Associates and clients to support individuals and organizations in choosing the best development pathway in terms of intellectual properties.
Daitin & Associates are to create new values in accordance with sustainability criteria. We commit to act as a responsible member of the society in which Daitin & Associate is an integral part.
Awards and recognitions
Daitin & Associates Co.’s reputation focus, services excellence combined with their technician expertise allowed us to implement our matter in record time. They always provide our work on time and to a high level of quality. Needless to say, we are extremely satisfied with their jobs. Thank you.
Thanks to the awesome assistance of Daitin & Associates Co., we have addressed the matters which came to our company. We have been impressed with the top IP agent on both legal services and management supports your team has provided us. In addition, we have appreciated the fast response turnaround to our questions, the outstanding experiences and your deep as well as wide knowledge. We are very glad to have work with everyone there, and look forward to future cooperation together.
We are very happy with the service Daitin & Associates Co. provides. They are contactable usually and their response times are excellent. So thank you and all the people that work for you.
Thanks for all your help; you really helped us out of difficult situations. The level of quality in service has been superb so I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Daitin & Associates Co.
As always Daitin & Associates Co. pulls out the stops, excellent service. Many thanks.
We have been delighted with the service and support that has been consistently provided by Daitin & Associates Co. They are incredibly responsive and efficient and we look forward to a long association with Daitin & Associates Co.
Patent, copyright, industrial design right and trademark registration set the legal framework for any mature enterprise to be defined and to define itself as an equal, responsible player in the knowledge economy. It is not too difficult to find an example of one who lost his brand name or his precious trade secrets to a competitor due to piracy, counterfeiting, or even an infringement claim, but little awareness is raised about disadvantageous effect resulted from misguided, incomplete protection. Working with intellectual properties requires a comprehensive, strategic approach to deal with complicated issues in which a single decision can lead to huge difference in investment, and a minor slip could be of serious loss for a company in the future. That is why Daitin & Associates commit to prioritize effectiveness and competence to all of our clients.
Patenting goes far more than just submit your files and get your invention recognized. From a comprehensive point of view, Daitin & Associates offer an interesting range of services that enable you to maximize the benefit of protecting and exploiting inventions.
- Patent management: we come up with patenting strategy, i.e. which, how, what, when to do patenting. We manage patent portfolios and patent validity. We ensure that all technical platforms, such as annuity payment or patent amendment, are in place.
- Patent-related juridical acts: we advise and act on behalf of clients in preparing and prosecuting patent applications of inventions and utility models. We manage patent infringement claim. We employ juridical and administrative channels in enforcing patent rights.
- Patent exploitation: we advise on commercial transactions including licensing and franchising. Especially with profound scientific background, we proactively assist clients in exploitation of expired patents and locally-unprotected patents.
Field of expertise:
- Chemistry & Nanotechnology
- Life Sciences-Pharmaceuticals
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Providing patent searches.
- Advising on strategies for patent protection.
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications (inventions, utility models).
- Pursuing judicial review of administrative decisions at the court.
- Advising on patent validity and patent infringement.
- Enforcing patent rights through judicial and administrative channels.
- Advising on patent related issues arising in commercial transactions including licensing and franchising.
- Providing patent annuity payment and reminder services.
- Managing patent portfolios.
The creation and development of trademarks could be of decisive importance to the survivorship of a whole company. Care must be taken right at the first steps of a new trademark to avoid potential pitfalls, maximize protection and assure proper management. With leading specialists on board, Daitin & Associates proudly gained prestige in:
- Trademark application: we process trademark applications, review on refusal and cancellations, and take opposite actions on behalf of clients. We review administrative decisions at the court.
- Trademark consultation: we provide information kit upon request from clients on trademarks based on specific market research, regular check and trademark review.
- Trademark strategic management: We propose strategic management plan in trademark registration and trademark protection. We employ administrative and juridical channels in protecting and advertising trademarks. We offer consultancy in trademark transfer, licensing, franchising, and legal debates.
- Advising on strategies for trademark protection in general.
- Managing trademark portfolios.
- Providing trademark searches and watch services.
- Prosecuting trademark applications.
- Undertaking trademark opposition procedures, reviews on refusal and cancellations.
- Pursuing judicial review of administrative decisions at the court.
- Conducting market and company investigations.
- Enforcing trademark rights through administrative and judicial channels.
- Advising on trademark related issues arising in commercial transactions including licensing and franchising.
- Kiều Hoài Nam
- Trần Thị Thủy
- Phùng Thanh Loan
- Phương Lan
- Lê Thanh Hà
Industrial design is a painstaking problem in Asian developing countries. Daitin & Associates commits to provide top quality services in:
- Consultation services: we conduct research and review information on specific industrial design cases, optimize and finalize application.
- Attorney services: We act on behalf of clients in application process, responding, granting and post-granting activities.
- Searching for industrial design information.
- Consulting before filing application.
- Filing application, responding and granting activities.
- Completing post-granting activities.
IP enforcement, Strategy and Management
Dispute resolution is more of a diverse term than the simple binary system of win or loose. Instead, there are numerous ways to deal with a certain specific case; all of them require professional knowledge and comprehensive preparation. Daitin & Associates has a wealth of expertise in those areas, including:
- Complete case analysis: We start from investigating the pros and cons, examining evidence and documentation, clarify the procedures and process of enforcement of court’s judgment, and modeling all options. We work closely with client to define strategic and tactical approach in dealing with specific cases.
- Attorney services: based on the proposed strategy, we proactively assist clients in preparing documents to be presented to courts or arbitrators. We act as authorized representative and defend legitimate rights and interest of concerned persons in civil, commercial, and administrative cases. We negotiate with relevant sides in a dispute on behalf of clients.
- IP litigation: Datin & Associates provides legal consultation in dealing with appeals concerning the acquisition of industrial property rights and the enforcement of those rights. We represent our clients before the State competent authorities in resolution to such issues.
Litigation & Dispute resolution
- Advising on dispute resolution strategy, analyzing advantages and disadvantages of parties to the dispute.
- Advising on dispute resolution method and solution. representing clients to negotiate the dispute with relevant parties.
- Participating in investigation process, collecting and examining evidences and documentation. advising and assisting in preparation of documents to be presented to courts or arbitrators.
- Advising on procedures and process of enforcement of court's judgment, representation in court's judgment enforcement process.
- Acting as authorized representative and defending legitimate rights and interest of persons concerned in civil, commercial, labor and administrative cases.
Infringement & Anti-counterfeit
- Providing legal advice and representing clients before the State competent authorities in dealing with appeals concerning the acquisition of industrial property rights.
Giving advice and representation for clients before the State competent authorities in the enforcement of their industrial property rights in Vietnam.
Copyright and domain name
Social progress starts from innovations; and Copyright is the business of securing social progress by protecting creativity. Daitin & Associates’ development scheme and our code of ethics consistently match the raising awareness of copyright issues in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia and Myanmar. Daitin & Associates offers an extensive range of services in the field of copyright, including:
- Consultation services on registration and enforcement of copyright and neighboring rights, including those in IT industries such as software and electronic documents.
- Attorney services: Daitin & Associates acts on behalf of clients in the registration and enforcement of copyright and neighboring rights, in registration, management, maintaining and development of domain names, web hosting and contents.
- Giving opinion on matters concerning the protection of copyright and neighboring rights.
- Giving opinion and representation for clients in the enforcement of copyright and neighboring rights.
- Giving opinion on information technology law, such as the copyright protection of computer software, or works distributed through the Internet.
- Giving opinion on and proceeding with the registration and maintenance of domain names and web hosting.
KIEU HOAI NAM May 2009 - Jun 2014 Co-founder, Partner
1. Technical areas
• Language: Vietnamese, English
• Litigation & Prosecution
• Cancellation & Opposition Proceedings
• Madrid Agreement & Protocol
• Anti-Counterfeiting Enforcement Procedures
• Licensing & Franchising
• Searching & Clearance
3. Contact Info
• Mobile : +84-904998680
• Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
As a founder of the firm, Nam has been with Daitin & Associates since the beginning and so far enriched his professional life with 13 years of extensive experience. Before founding Daitin & Associates, Nam had worked in a number of challenging but rewarding positions such as IP director or leader of Trademark and Infringements Department in high-ranked firms in Vietnam. His professional expertise developed from numerous cases he has been dealing with in various aspects of intellectual properties, locally and internationally.
Having been recognized by the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam (NOIP), Nam is also a member of Hanoi Bar Association, Vietnam bar Federation and Vietnam Intellectual Property Association.
5. Additional info
• Vietnam Bar Federation
• Vietnam Hanoi Bar Association
• National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam
• Lao Patent & Trademark Office
• Cambodia Patent & Trademark Office
• Myanmar Registry
6. Association membership
• International Trademark Association (INTA)
• Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
• WILO SE (Germany) V. An Phat Electromechanical Co., Ltd. (Vietnam) (2010): Representation of water pump manufacturer WILO SE in an opposition action against registration of a similar mark of a competitor.
• BK Giulini GmbH (Germany) V. MyUc Science Technology Development JSC (Vietnam) (2011): Representation of BK Giulini GmbH in a trademark infringement action regarding a competitor’s use of a similar mark.
• MOULINSART S.A. (Belgium) V. Phu Dat Manufacturing and Trading Co., Ltd. (Vietnam) (2011): Representation of Belgian company in an opposition action against registration of a similar mark of a competitor.
• Consitex SA (Switzerland) (2012): Representation of Consitex SA (owner of the mark “ZEGNA” for clothing) in many trademark infringement actions regarding competitor’s use of similar marks.
• SINBAR (France) V. Manh Cam Company Limited (Vietnam) (2014): Representation of bike manufacturer SINBAR in an opposition action against registration of a similar mark of a competitor.
• Spell C. LLC (United States) V. Tuan Phuong Service Agency Company Limited (Vietnam) (2014): Representation of Spell C. LLC in a trademark infringement action regarding a competitor’s use of a similar mark.
• Eastern Company S.A.E. (Egypt) V. Eques Holding Group S.A (Switzerland) (2013): Representation of tobacco manufacturer Eastern Company S.A.E. in defense of its right regarding the use of the registered mark “CLEOPATRA” for tobacco products in Vietnam.
• RAUCH Fruchtsäfte GmbH (Austria) (2012): Successfully prosecuted over registration of the mark “BRAVO” in Vietnam.
• Audemars Piguet Holding SA (Switzerland) (2013): Successfully prosecuted over registration of the mark “TO BREAK THE RULES, YOU MUST FIRST MASTER THEM” in Vietnam.
• Wanlida Group Co., Ltd. (China) (2012): Successfully prosecuted over registration of the mark “MALATA” in Vietnam.
• Kim Dong Publishing House (Vietnam) (2009): Successfully prosecuted over registration of the mark “KIM DONG” in Vietnam.
• MAN Diesel & Turbo SE (Germany) (2012): Successfully prosecuted over registration of the mark “MAN Diesel & Turbo” in Vietnam.
• Oerlikon Trading AG, Trübbach (Switzerland) (2012): Successfully prosecuted over registration of the mark “P3e & Device” in Vietnam.
• AVAST Software a.s. (Czech) (2012): Successfully prosecuted over registration of the mark “AVAST” in Vietnam.
• The Vietnam National Coal - Mineral Industries Group (Vietnam) (2010): Successfully prosecuted over registration of the mark “VINACOMIN” in Vietnam.
NGUYEN HOA BINH Jul 2003 - Aug 2015 co-founder, Partner
1. Binh, Nguyen Hoa, co-founder, Partner
2. Technical areas
• Language: Vietnamese, English
• Advise and handle patent applications
• Draft patent specification documents
• Assess patentability, analyzing the specification, claims and cited documents
• Draft responses to Official Action
• Conduct patent free operation search
• Advise and handle industrial design applications
• IP management
• Establishing and implementation of IP policies in organizations
• Advice for commercialization of scientific and researching result;
• Advice for geographic indicator for agricultural products
4. Contact info
• No. 68/14 Hoang Dieu Str., District 4, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Postal code: 700000 | Tel: +84-8-6934 9899 | Fax: +84-24-3200 3524
• Email : email@example.com
Binh is known in the IP community as a knowledgeable intellectual property attorney. His keen professionalism was supported by advanced courses hold by WIPO Worldwide Academy, European Patent Office, IIPTI and Vietnam’s NOIP. He also has strong background in Biology with a master degree obtained from Hanoi University of Science, beside his bachelor of English from the top-ranked Hanoi University.
Binh is the author of a book on patent, which summarize his 10 years experience in the field of intellectual property. He has been working globally in SEA countries, China and ROK. Binh is also an amateur photographer and a social activist.
6. Additional Info
• Since 2009 Patent Attorney & Consultant (Daitin & Associates Co. Ltd.)
• Since 2013 Intellectual Property Expert (ASEAN IPR Helpdesk for EU’s SMEs)
• 2008 - 2009 Project Officer (Catholic Relief Services - CRS)
• 2005 - 2008 Patent-team Leader (Ageless IP Attorneys & Consultants )
• 2006 - 2008 Researcher (Project Participation)
• 2003 - 2005 Research Assistant (Project Participation)
• The advanced course on Biotechnology and Intellectual Property, by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
• Course on Patent Drafting Technique, by European Patent Office (EPO)
• The advanced course on Intellectual Property for practicer in the field, by Vietnam’s National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP)
• 2011 WIPO-Korea Summer school on Intellectual Property by WIPO and KIPO
• Intellectual Property Management by WIPO
• Master course on Biochemistry & Biotechnology
• PhD. Course works on Bio-nanotechnology
• Trademark practice in Vietnam - Getting the Deal Through – Trademarks 2015
• Trademark practice in Cambodia - Getting the Deal Through – Trademarks 2015
• Trademark practice in Laos - Getting the Deal Through – Trademarks 2015
• Trademark practice in Myanmar - Getting the Deal Through – Trademarks 2015
• Guideline for patent protection for scientists, researchers and students (in Vietnamese);
• Eight steps in commercialization of researching results (Vnexpress.net)
TRINH XUAN DAT Nov 2000 - Aug 2013 M.Sc., Patent team leader
1. Dat, Trinh Xuan, M.Sc., Patent team leader
2. Technical areas
• Electronic engineering
• Information technology
• Network and network system
• Language: Vietnamese, English
Contributing as a dedicated partner in Daitin & Associates, Dat has a wealth of educational background and substantial experience. He has deep knowledge in Electrical and Tele-communication with a Master degree from a National University of Korea, following his excellent-graded Engineer degree from the prestigious Hanoi Polytechniques University and numerous on-job training courses. Dat leads the Computer and Communication team in which he managed multiple cases in his assigned sections.
On top of his immense technical contribution, Dat is sort of a motivator who firmly leads and motivates his group with his enthusiasm and die-hard attitude.
6. Additional Info
• 2011-2013 Kyungpook National University (ROK) - Master of Science (specialized in Electronics Engineering)
• 2000-2005 Hanoi University of Technology - Engineer (Electronics and Tele- communications)
• 2009 National Economics University - Business Administration
• Since 2011 Team leader, Daitin & Associates
• 2008 - 2011: Core Network team Leader, VTC Technology & Digital Contents
• 2005 - 2008: Solution Engineer, FPT FSE Information System Co, Ltd
NGUYEN MINH PHUONG Sep 2015 - Aug 2016 PhD. Consultant
1. Phuong, Nguyen Minh, PhD. Consultant
2. Technical areas
Language: Vietnamese, English, Korean (basic)
Phuong has strong background in Biochemistry and Medicine. Graduated from Hanoi University of Science in 2005, Phuong started her career as a researcher in the Vietnam Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology. After ten years experience working with projects of deep scientific background, Phuong obtained a PhD in Pharmacy and Cancer from Kyungpook National University- Korea in 2013.
Phuong is the heart and soul of the Health and Pharmacy team in Daitin & Associates. She is also a self-driven project manager with admirable team spirit.
6. Additional info
• 2009 – 2013 Kyungpook National University. PhD. (Molecular & cellular biology).
• 2005 – 2007 Hanoi University of Science. – M.Sc. Genetics
• 2004 -2005 Department of Education – Hanoi National University. Post-graduate diploma. (specialized in Education ).
• 2000 - 2005 University of Natural Sciences – Hanoi National University & Institute of Agricultural Genetics. B.Sc. (specialized in Biotechnology)
• 2009 –2013 Ph.D researcher. Kyungpook National University
• 2007 - 2008 Researcher. National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology
• 2006 - 2008 M.Sc. Student Institute of Biotechnology
• 2005 - 2006 Teacher of Biology. Nguyen Tat Thanh Gifted High school
• 2003 - 2005 Internship student. Institute of Agricultural Genetics
• Luan le T, Trang NV, Phuong NM, Nguyen HT, Ngo HT, et al. (2009) Development and characterization of candidate rotavirus vaccine strains derived from children with diarrhoea in Vietnam. Vaccine 27 Suppl 5: F130-13.
• Nguyen MP, Choi JH, Lee HY, Lee YM (2012) Deguelin inhibits vasculogenic function of endothelial progenitor cells during tumor progression and metastasis via suppressing FAK activation. The 10th Korea-Japan Joint Symposium on Vascular Biology.
• Nguyen MP, Lee S, Lee YM (2013) Epigenetic regulation of hypoxia inducible factor in diseases and therapeutics. Arch Pharm Res 36: 252-263.
• Choi JH, Nguyen MP, Jung SY, Kwon SM, Jee JG, et al. (2013) Inhibitory effect of glyceollins on vasculogenesis through suppression of endothelial progenitor cell function. Mol Nutr Food Res.
LE NGOC HOAN Sep 2001 - Dec 2015 M.Sc. Consultant
1. Hoan, Le Ngoc, M.Sc. Consultant
2. Technical areas
• Language: Vietnamese, English
Before joining Daitin & Associates, Hoan has diversified experience in the field of agriculture and forestry. He has been in charge of numerous science research projects as researchers in the Vietnam Academy of Water Resources (2005-2008), Vietnam Academy of Forest Research (2011-2014) and laboratory manger in a Swiss-based company. Hoan has also worked globally in humanitarian projects in Vietnam and Kenya since 2003.
In Daitin & Associates, Hoan is in charge of the Agriculture and Forestry team. He is also interested in History and Literature.
• 2005 - 2007 Hanoi University of Science. M.Sc. (Specialized in Entomology)
• 2001 - 2005 Hanoi University of Science. B.Sc. (Specialized in Genetics)
• 2002 - 2006. Hanoi University, Bachelor of English.
• 2009. Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine. Laboratory management
• 2010. Team leadership and negotiation
• Since 2013. Daitin& Associates, Team leader. Agriculture and Forestry
• 2012-2013 Vietnamese Academy of Forest Science. Researcher
• 2008-2011 Vestergaard Frandsen Vector laboratory. Researcher and Lab manager
• 2005-2008 Vietnamese Academy of Water Resources. Researcher
• 2003-2005 Institute of Biotechnology. Vietnamese Academy of Science and Technology, Internship student.
Vestergaard Frandsen, Mikkel; Gouin, Sebastien; Lê, Hoan Ngọc; Nguyễn, Cúc Thu. A product with low density polymer resin releasing fipronil in a controlled way and use of such a product. International application No WO2012/069049, publication date 31 May 2012; filling date 23 Nov.2010.a
Trustable services (In Appointment)
Which could tell the winner from the losers in legal business, is the core value driving Daitin & Associates’ entrepreneurship. Our helpdesk is empowered with not only legal experts but also knowledgeable scholars in various scientific and technical fields, ranging from mathematics, physics, information technology, to life and medical sciences. We build our competence by applying strictest recruitment criteria and we commit to spend increasingly higher effort in human resource development.
Effective, energetic support (In Appointment)
Effective, energetic support to clients is, consistently, our unique selling point. In our code of conducts, managing a contract means to maintain partnerships and maximize shared interests. When Daitin & Associates assigns a task manager to a client’s case, he is asked to put themselves on the client’ shoes, investigate all possibilities of importance to the case, and proactively communicate to clients instead of waiting for request letters.
Prolonged wealth comes from enhanced sustainability (In Appointment)
Prolonged wealth comes from enhanced sustainability. That is not merely a slogan, but why and how all of us do business. Social responsibility becomes an exponentially more delicate issue when a company advances to higher levels; and the world is setting higher and higher ethical and technical criteria to goods and services. It is therefore crucial to find a partner who not only have expertise in sustainable development but also engages himself in those values. Daitin & Associates affirm that we always act in accordance with green, sustainable and ethical principles.